The Berkeley family welcome you to Berkeley Castle, their ancient fortress home where they have lived since their ancestor, Robert Fitzharding, completed the Keep in the late 12th Century.
The history played out within Berkeley Castle’s walls make it one of the most remarkable buildings in Britain and the family hope that you will visit them to experience its special atmosphere.
October - a lovely month for a Castle visit
Autumnal hues and a peaceful time to explore the Castle
It's hard to believe that it won't be long until we shut the doors to visitors for the final time this year. We close at the end of October and will reopen at the end of March 2018. October is a great month to visit, the leaves on the trees surrounding the Castle are turning to wonderful Autumnal shades of red, yellow and amber. The conkers are plentiful and the borders heavily hung with rosehips. The Castle tends to be quieter as we draw towards the winter months, so it's the perfect time to come along, take a guided tour and marvel at the rich history that surrounds you.
Halloween celebrations - 22nd - 25th October - open till 7pm each day
The preparations for October half term are well underway! There's so much family fun lined up and we're staying open till 7pm (last entry at 6pm) every day.
- Meet friendly Wizards & Witches with their spell books and potions in the Cellar and Castle Kitchen from 11am until 7pm
- Marshmallow toasting over the campfire in the woodland grove, from 4.30pm - 6pm
- Pumpkin carving (additional charge £2) in the Education Centre from 11am - 6.30pm
- Enjoy delicious hot and cold halloween treats from the Guides' Lodge from 5pm daily
- Find out more about the legend of the Berkeley Witch - see illustrations from our Artist in Residence, Belinda who has brought this story to life again!
- Enjoy the Halloween themed decorations both inside and outside the Castle
Sunday 22nd October
- Meet King Henry VIII and his Six Wives, listen to their tales of 'Ghostly Goings On' in the Great Hall at 12 noon, 2.30pm and 4.30pm
Monday 23rd , Tuesday 24th & Wednesday 25th October
- Come along to the Great Hall and meet our Wandering Wizard and his Magical Owls from 3pm until 7pm each day
(Please note that during our Halloween event the last guided tour takes place at 4pm; some rooms without Halloween activities will be closed from 5pm)
Split Second Productions returns to Berkeley Castle! See 'A Christmas Carol' in the Great Hall - 29th November - 8th December
Tickets on sale now Don't hesitate or you might be disappointed - they're already selling quickly!
Dursley Male Voice Choir Christmas Concert - one night only - Sunday 17th December
Rejoice in the countdown to Christmas as the powerful collective voice of Dursley Male Voice Choir fills the Great Hall. The perfect way to build up to Christmas! Tickets on sale now - £20 to include a glass of prosecco or elderflower presse