The Berkeley family welcome you to Berkeley Castle, their ancient fortress home where they have lived since their ancestor, Robert Fitzharding, completed the Keep in the late 12th Century.
The history played out within Berkeley Castle’s walls make it one of the most remarkable buildings in Britain and the family hope that you will visit them to experience its special atmosphere.
Shakespeare returns to Berkeley Castle
Sunday 25th June - Tuesday 11th July - Shakespeare returns for our Outdoor Theatre performances- bring a picnic and enjoy these wonderful plays as they're acted out against the magnificent backdrop of the Castle
- Following the great success of last year, we're delighted that Split Second Productions will be returning with TWO Shakespeare plays
- See matinee and evening performances of Much Ado About Nothing and A Midsummer Night's Dream
- Tickets for each play to be purchased in advance on line from the What's On page, here on our website
- On-line ticket sales are not available on the day of the performance, but can be purchased on the day from the Castle. Please note that the matinee performances on 2nd & 9th July are sold out.
Lots for families to do during the school holidays and Grandparents come free on Mondays!
- Check our What's On page to discover all of our summer holiday activities, Archery, Jester Skills, Sword-fighting, Falconry to name but a few
- Gift Aid your entry fee at no extra cost and return free of charge for up to one year - only £30 for a family of 4
- Grandparents get free entry on Mondays throughout July & August* with a full paying grandchild (£6) and a free hot drink with any soft drink or icecream purchased
* Not applicable on 27th August, bank holiday Monday
We're in the process of upgrading our till systems and hope to have on-line admission ticket sales set up soon; however it's not essential to purchase admission tickets in advance - there's plenty of room for everyone!