The Berkeley family welcome you to Berkeley Castle, their ancient fortress home where they have lived since their ancestor, Robert Fitzharding, completed the Keep in the late 12th Century.
The history played out within Berkeley Castle’s walls make it one of the most remarkable buildings in Britain and the family hope that you will visit them to experience its special atmosphere.
BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND AT BERKELEY CASTLE - Sunday 28th & Monday 29th August
STEP BACK 800 YEARS TO THE YEAR 1216 - Sir Robert Berkeley appeases King John and takes back his Castle!
Discover why the Berkeley family have lost their Castle and how they won it back
- Watch re-enactments with King John & Sir Robert Berkeley in the Great Hall at 12 noon, 1pm, 2pm & 3pm
- Visit our thirteenth century, living history encampment on the Lower Lawns for cookery displays and meet more historical characters
- See a copy of the Magna Carta and King John's seal
There's so much more to do whilst you're here:
- Visit our Tropical Butterfly House
- Call into the Education Room for free arts and crafts
- Explore 8 acres of grounds and gardens, pick up our free Jester Dragon hunt leaflet - find 8 baby dragons and don't forget to collect your reward!
- Our dressing up area is a great photo opportunity
- The Yurt Tearoom is packed with delicious treats
We pride ourselves on providing a great value, family day out, all activities are included in the entrance fee.
For fast track entry please purchase your tickets in advance (by midnight on the day before your planned visit) from our website - tickets may also be purchased in person from our Ticket Office on the day of your visit.
JESTER FUN & FROLICS ON TUESDAY
The Fool Monty will be here every Tuesday throughout the holidays. He is a great favourite amongst our younger visitors, he'll keep young ones entertained with his circus skills, they can also clown around with his jester games.
HAVE A GO ARCHERY ON WEDNESDAY
If you've ever fancied trying your hand at archery then here's your chance! Every Wednesday throughout the school holidays our archer will be waiting on the Castle's bowling lawns with his bows and arrows. There's no additional charge for this activity, it's included in your entrance fee.