The Berkeley family welcome you to Berkeley Castle, their ancient fortress home where they have lived since their ancestor, Robert Fitzharding, completed the Keep in the late 12th Century.
The history played out within Berkeley Castle’s walls make it one of the most remarkable buildings in Britain and the family hope that you will visit them to experience its special atmosphere.
Looking for a great day out this bank holiday weekend? Look no further...
Jousting knights return to Berkeley Castle on Sunday 30th April & Monday 1st May and will be joined by our Tudor Royals!
One of our most popular events of 2016 returns this weekend
- Watch and cheer as your favourite knights take on the joust of their lives - shows at 12 noon and 3pm
- Enjoy incredible horsemanship and watch saddle stunts and tricks
- Our Tudor Royalty will be in residence, exchange banter with Henry VIII and meet his beautiful Queen Anne Boleyn who will be handing out attendance medals, crystal tiaras and badges to our younger visitors
- For the first time we also welcome the King & Queen of France to Berkeley Castle - Francis & Claude
- Enjoy an audience with the royal party at 1.30pm in our Inner Bailey
- Call into the Arts & Crafts room and make something special to take home
- The Yurt Tearoom will be open all day serving a delicious array of hot and cold refreshments
- Don't forget to stop off at our Gift Shop & Plant Sales Area - we have many knight themed items, an array of flowering shrubs, delicious local food & drink and lots of other delights too!
All activities are included in your admission fee.
See our What's On page for further information on these events and lots more to come throughout the year too.
We're in the process of upgrading our till systems and hope to have on-line ticket sales set up soon; however it's not essential to purchase tickets in advance - there's plenty of room for everyone!